Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wrapped Up In Chains-Fannie Schiavoni

Fannie Schiavoni is a Swedish Fashion Designer who moved to London when she was 18 to study tailoring. It was her tailoring and the use of traditional methods of handicraft that made such genuine pieces of art. She is extremely talented, but I may have understated her a lot cause she is astounding! The way she crafts her chain metal accessories.
She designed this for Alexandre Vauthier's Spring Summer 2011 Haute Couture collection
I searched all high and low for her, it was the stunning feather like chainmail jacket that was so iconic that it stuck in my head till I resolve the mystery of who designed such work or marvel
It's one of the things I would love to have and display it in my imaginary gallery
Along with Alexander Mcqueen's eminent work
And a whole lot more.


Here she is in collaboration with Simon Henwood to create the project Black Sun
She is also inspired by Japanese fashion designers Yohji Yamamoto and Issey Miyake from the structural aspect of their designs.




Black Sun