Friday, February 24, 2012

Just For a Subway and a Little More.

It became somewhat of a tradition to head down to IMM just for fun, after all that's where I brought Matt when he first came here the second time. You know how we love our subways. Choa Chu Kang wasn't exactly cut out for the job with it's horrid spatial planning in the basement making any claustrophobic feel a wee bit annoyed with the tiny space and bazillion food stalls and lots of people of course. It's as if they shoved your local hawker centre in much smaller space but in more quantities.
Despite pouring incredibly and I didn't really liked to get wet since I was holding my dearest camera in hand. Wouldn't want it to have a short life span due to my terrible life decisions.
It's been awhile since we went to IMM, because the abandoned site in front of the has finally started building! I guess they finally found a suitable tender to proceed with the project. That site has been closed for the 3 years that I was in school. Growing a little forest in it's vicinity, it looked like such a waste.
Finally after a long period of time, and another project started directly in front of IMM, it's going to be our new hospital, I'm pretty sure the interior should look amazing despite the horrid renderings plastered over the boards since they're more open to designing and catering for patients, no one likes to go to the hospital, it's too clinical and clean with death reeking in it's corners. Heck even I hate hospitals, had they designed the hospital to look the way it is to scare people off? Sure is working. I really hope they change the whole outlook of the hospital. Complete makeover? With maybe more prosthetics
Even being a tropical country has it's downfalls, you get shitty rainy weathers like this for week on end without stopping till the monsoon season ends. But we had so much fun playing in the rain.
Pretty lights.