Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Within a Holiday- Brean-Bath


I think it was half a day to travel all the way to Brean.

Gorgeous architecture in Bath,it was the last place we been to before we head back home. Don't worry there's more to come.

Everyone knows my favorite place to go to is Bath, even though we've only been there twice but I practically wet my pants there.

Unfortunately I didn't take much photos of where we went. I won't suffocate you guys with my plentiful photos. But Bath is HUGE.


Look at the details of the door, it is so beautiful.
With the classic Doric columns that was invented by the Greeks and it inspired the Romans who built Bath. It's truly amazing how without ANY technology, they used solely their mathematician and architects to build amazing buildings that could withstand time.


The Romans also invented the fine mixture of concrete, well the Greeks and Etruscans were there first using mortars. It consisted of small stones, sand, cement, mixture of lime and volcanic ash known as pozzolana.



This is the Royal Crescent where it once was inhabited by the Royals and now it's a hotel for the filthy rich, if I'm not wrong Beckhams used to stay in there for awhile.