Monday, November 28, 2011

Cut It Off


Inspired by Anja Rubik.





This post is probably about 2-3 months late but I'm trying so hard to keep on track with regular blog posting. So I've chopped off my beautiful locks because I just thought it was time to try a new one. And in search of a new one I found Anja Rubik hairstyle really empowering, it's also androgynous, feminine with a manly touch to it. Which was exactly what I needed. Tired of my extremely long hair, not being able to do jack shit with it not only frustrated me but made me look like a crazy woman.

Although sometimes I do miss my long hair because it's my first time my hair grew that long. But it requires a lot of maintenance and I'm not one for maintaining my hair.

Immediately when they chopped off a lump of my hair leaving me with a weird ass bob, I immediately felt better. Freer if that made sense, as if I was shedding my skin and a new one formed. A new attitude and perspective towards life emerges and viola.

I had nothing to fear, my hair would grow back tremendously and my hair would be healthy, I just got to the point when I'm sweeping my room floor and 90% of the crap on the floor was made up of my long hair and it just annoyed the hell out of me. It got to me how much hair I was losing but I was just freaking out. Because I didn't maintain it enough with the 'nutrients' I wasn't giving it. And I pretty much couldn't afford luxurious hair so why not?

I don't cut my hair often enough so why not. But I did love my long hair. It was just time for something new.