Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Within a Holiday- Cheddar Gorge



You must be wondering what the hell is a gorge and CHEDDAR GORGE? A gorge that's made out of cheese??? Impossibre! No that's not a typo error, I had it in a chinese accent. Cause it's so funny. Not saying racism is funny just an expression.

Clearly you can see rock formations everywhere, so take a good guess.
I think it used to be a valley where river erode the rocks forming caves within those rock formations. There are more then a hundred caves that are discovered in cheddar. And so much more undiscovered.

Well unfortunately these photos I've taken doesn't reveal the magnificence of the towering gorge. Hasn't done it much justice but I tried my best.

See we're totally on top of a tour bus and it's just so massive. The bus isn't exactly small either. It's like we're underwater in between the cracks of the sea bed except there's no water.






The caves, produced by the activity of an underground river, contain stalactites and stalagmites. This my friend is taken in a real live cave. I really wish I could capture the experience. Cause it's amazing to be in a real cave

Not to mention there's totally a skeleton of the guy who's been taking care of the cave.

Did I mention also that this is my first time being in a cave! So it was pretty phenomenon and absolutely beautiful. It was pretty expensive but it was a once in a while trip but it was sooo undoubtedly worth it.

See over there, those tubs on a shelf? Those are cheddar cheese. I know bizarre! Who keeps cheese in a cave. But it's genius because the cave was incredibly cold due to water running along the cave keep the cave incredibly cool. Like a rocky fridge.

We came with my in laws and my love, it was just amazing. Just to discover a little bit about the Paleolithic ages. It was really an experience that cannot be compensated with books of history.

















Was wondering where a kid got this bright blue ice cream ( cause i totally needed to have it) and we tracked it like a pack of wolves and turns out it was called a bubblegum flavor! Bizarre! I was practically in a dilemma to pick other awesome ice creams or... rick getting this ice cream that may not guarantee that it'll taste great but wth who cares?

The amazing formation of stalactites and stalagmites are so beautiful and they're naturally formed, that's what was so mesmerizing.

And it tastes great! Little strange but I like strange, in fact I am strange.
It was totally awesome.