Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Day I Hit My Second Decade


Bought a new corset for myself. From Asos and it was on sale.

Again this post has been delayed for nearly 2 months now, my birthday is 31st October. I was trying hard to keep up to date with my blog. Let me just tell you a little bit about my birthday, I'm clearly a Halloween baby and that makes me feel special enough.

2,000 years ago, much like Day of the Dead celebrations since it signifies the end of summer, the Christian feast of All Hallows' Eve, according to some scholars, incorporates traditions from pagan harvest festivals and festivals honouring the dead, particularly the Celtic Samhain "Celtic New Year", they worshiped the Lord of the Dead. Whom apparently gathered souls of the pre-deceased dead on 31st October, and is supposed to give permission for these souls to visit their relatives and loved ones briefly.
Now Wiccans Sabbath is on the 31st October as well.
Sadly Druids hated cats because they thought they were humans who transformed by supernatural powers, so they burned them alive on the 31st of October just to ward off bad luck. Omen that black cats were unlucky symbols.

Now folklore says that I will have abilities to read dreams.
But that's just folklore cause I can't

Hey I got the same birthdays as Willow Smith, Peter Jackson and omg Rob Schneider. Pretty cool right? Once upon a time I used to think that I was a demonic child. Like the perfect Adams Family. I was like the Wednesday.

Just got a simple cake because I can't bake one at home.

Thank you everyone for presents, lovely cards and well wishes! Greatly appreciated.
What's the best present I got so far is my husband being here with me. In fact t's my first birthday with him. Hurrah. First for everything right?

First thing we did was to head down to ION Orchard again, Cause it never gets old, and I was trying to figure out if that was really Rihanna because I've never seen her blond with a pixie cropped hair do before.

This was taken in Takashimaya, another one of the posh shopping experience. And clearly from that trademark red sole characteristics of the shoe. It's Christian Louboutin. Girl can only dream.

Here we have a classic black facade and clear glass display panels with the big word Chanel labelled on it. Then you begin to understand the power of brands when one simple elegant black Chanel 2.55 costs 5k. You may think it's just a bag, but it isn't. What you are paying for is for the brand and the status. Sure you may say the quality is good, of course it's good, you're paying 5k for a tiny hand bag. But would you rather pay for a high quality bag with an indie brand or pay for one such as Chanel. What do you think and where do you lie, and why would you do so.

One of Matt's favorite book store. Kinokuniya.

Resembled something that rhymes with pennies

Great mood lighting from Skinny Pizza

Black pepper crayfish linguine, simply amazing little dish.


Anchovies and goats cheese drizzled with olive oil and rocket. Simply divine. One of the best pizza I've had since London.






Best birthday by far. Thank you for making it happen, my love.